Monday, July 30, 2007

RATM vs. Fox News

RATM

I am sorry I missed this show, but even with the proximity to my apt, age, memory and stamina caused me to skip out on a rap festival. However, I have seen Rage several times and they are dynamic. Zach de la Rocha is more than just a voice. He means what he says. To read that Hannity and Coulter actually commented on Zach's rants is very amusing. Zach and Tommy Morrell would crush them...with bass in their face. "Why stand on a silent platform, fight the war, fuck the norm."

It's good to see RATM back together. I saw them in Oakland back in 1993 or so. What a trip. Love their music.

What irks me are Coulter's comments: "blah blah blah losers...there's a lot of violence coming from the left." Would that be the violence in Iraq? The surge? The continued ad-hoc funding of the war by the (lefty?) administration? I don't know that this violence looks like. We're not starting wars, shooting folks in the face, or saying: "We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity." But I guess we're the violent one's.

Rock on, and feel the RAGE.
- walk

No comments: